Tuckahoe Plantation was built from 1733 and completed by 1740 by William Randolph, son of Thomas Randolph. This is the only Randolph home still standing on it originial site from the 1700's. The "H" shaped house is Early Georgian and sits overlooking the James River.
This was the boyhood home of Thomas Jefferson from 1745 to 1752. In 1745, William Randolph died, Mary, his wife died the year before. The Jefferson family moved there to honor their friend's wishes to take care of the orphaned Randolph children.
This is the original kitchen.
The inside of the kitchen.
The Jefferson one-room schoolhouse.
The next two pictures were taken consecutively, the first using the infrared setting, the second using indoor auto setting (no flash). Notice in the infrared photo a silhouette of a child at the lower part of window. The light is not a flash but the infrared light in the camera. NOTE: In the middle of the mirror, it appears to have a face, this is not paranormal. Because of age the back of the mirror is breaking down.